Alhuda Academy Principal Job Description
Alhuda Academy, 248 E Mountain St, Worcester, MA 01606
Alhuda Academy is one of the leading Islamic and Quranic educational institutes in the Central Massachusetts area. Alhuda Academy is seeking a successful and accomplished educator for the Principal position.
The ideal candidate will lead Alhuda Academy with the vision and mission of the organization. The principal will provide leadership and guidance to the development of education and well-being of the organization. The principal will be instrumental in driving the institute to the next level and also partner with all of the stakeholders including parents, students, teachers, staff, and the community.
This is an on-site, full-time position. The principal will report to the Board of Directors.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- To foster an environment that integrates Islam into all subjects and fosters the Islamic worldview.
- To create structure for hiring, mentoring and retaining high quality teachers and support staff.
- To observe and evaluate teachers & administrative staff regularly and provide constructive feedback.
- To maintain school accreditation status and lead school improvement initiatives as needed.
- To implement and enforce discipline and the highest ethical standards at all levels.
- To provide leadership and manage daily activities, staff, and operations of the school.
- To review the existing curriculum and provide recommendations for improvement.
- To provide standardized assessment for all students
- To provide proactive leadership and support to promote academic success and the well-being of the students.
- To create goals based on student achievement data for the success of the Islamic and secular programs.
- To foster an Islamic environment in which students can transcend and prosper.
- To mentor, inspire, and lead teachers and staff to maximize their potential.
- To ensure continuous improvement of the organization.
- To work closely with the Board of Directors to achieve the goals of the school.
- To help with public relations, strategy, finance, and budget.
- To provide strategy and guidance for the overall growth of the school.
- To work with Worcester Public School system to secure need based resources for students and training for staff
Desired Job Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Education or a related field from an accredited college or university or 5+ years of experience as a Principal in an accredited school. Experience in an Islamic K-12 environment is preferred.
- 5+ years of teaching experience in an accredited school is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in identifying, growing, and leveraging the potential of staff and improving teacher retention.
- Demonstrated success in implementing educational values, concepts, and perspectives rooted in the Islamic tradition that inspire and inform renewed thinking within school.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal). Proficiency in the use of computer applications (including Microsoft Office products), email, and mobile technologies.
- Proven track record of leadership, community service, youth mentoring and outreach initiatives
- Islamic & Quranic Education: Intermediate level of education and training is preferred.
- Preferred Certifications: Advanced Education Leadership (AEL) certification, Instructional Leadership Training (ILT), or Instructional Leadership Development (ILD).
- Competitive compensation will be provided.
- PTO (Paid time off)
- Tuition discounts for all children attending Alhuda Academy
- Health insurance reimbursement
- Retirements IRA account
Job Type: Full-time, On-site
Application: Please submit the following to email@example.com
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above qualifications.
- All transcripts and/or certificates that reflect the minimum qualifications.
- A letter of introduction that provides an overview of who you are as an educator and a leader, and describes your vision for an effective PreK–8th grade Islamic school.
- 2 letter of recommendation